* If your main door faces south, you could paint it deep maroon, shades of pale yellow or vermilion red. Placing green and healthy plants on either side of the door will remove the ill-effects of the wrongly positioned door.
* If your main door faces north, the tinkling of the chimes of a six rod metal wind chime will dilute the ill-effects of the surroundings and the main door. Off-white, pale blue and light teak colours are good for this direction.
* If your main door faces east or southeast, placing a single urn filled with water and fresh flower petals to the left of the door from inside will help as East is considered auspicious from a vaastu point of view. The ill-effects of the southeast door can be nullified by the decorative urn of water with vermilion flowers. Placing plenty of plants inside and outside the southeast door will correct the ill-effects of this direction.
* If your main door faces west, the door will bring in the evening sun. This can be controlled by suspending faceted glass crystals near the main door which will refract the evening light and reduce the harshness. The spectrum of colours formed will transform the energy around the doorway.
* If your plot has missing corners it will not be possible to have a rectangular or square site. The simplest method will be to re-create the missing corners inside the house with regard to the specific direction and type of energy. For example, if a portion of the north and east segments are missing, placing water features or an urn of water with flowers at the northeast sector of the living room will alleviate the ill-effect.
Placing plants like tulsi at the northeast sector of the plot or even in balconies can transform any bad energy into positive and good energy.
Creating the right environment and the right frame of mind will ensure that feng shui or vaastu gets activated faster and better.